Saturday 2 October 2010

An interactive whiteboard for £84, really?

If your school is anything like mine we are well stocked with projectors but liht on interactive whiteboards. It was with great excitement that I saw, on youtube, an instructional video on how to use a Wii remote to run an interactive whiteboard.

There are lots of videos on how to make an IR pen but when I added up the cost of all the bits the package from http://www.irpens.co.uk/ was aout £20 more. I am to busy to learn how to solder so that's the one I bought.

Now 10 Mins later I have an interactive laptop screen, it really was easy. There is only one thing, the instructions tell you to press 1 and 2 on the Wii Remote. This does not work on mine, I used the sync button inside the battery compartment.

The software you download allows you to write on the top of your windows programmes just like a pro board.

This means that for the £5000 one board would cost I could kit out the entire school!

Check it out


No comments:

Post a Comment